If you are having a Colonoscopy, Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), or Sigmoidoscopy, you will NOT receive all call from the surgery center however you will be contacted via text and/or email for the following:
- A reminder to complete an online Medical Passport-Pre-Registration.
- Pre-procedure instructions-5 days prior to your date of service.
- A second reminder 2 days prior to your procedure to complete an online Medical Passport-Pre-Registration.
- An appointment confirmation text 1 day prior to your procedure.
Food and Drink
Please follow all food and drink fasting instructions provided to you by your physician. This pertains ONLY to patients having GI/EGD procedures.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify the Center & Your Provider If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your procedure.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your procedure. You can discuss this with your provider.
What You Need The Day Of The Procedure:
Information To Bring:
- Insurance cards,
- photo ID,
- Medicare or Medical Assistance information,
- phone numbers and addresses.
Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis, Uber, Lyft or other public transportation.
Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the surgery center at (714) 369-1100 as soon as possible.