Pre-Registration & Guide
To expedite your check in process, please ensure you Pre-Register online prior to the date of your service. Pre-Registration Here
A nurse will contact you the day before your surgery to collect information about your health, review special instructions, answer any questions, discuss eating and drinking guidelines, and remind you of your arrival time. Please note, the arrival time may differ from what the doctor’s office has informed you due to equipment availability and surgical coordination. If you have not received a call by 4pm the day before your surgery or have additional questions, please call us at (714) 369-1100
If you are having a Colonoscopy, EGD, or Sigmoidoscopy, you will NOT receive all call from the surgery center. Click here for additional GI Pre-op instuctions.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
You will receive a call from our surgery center with your arrival time. Special instructions will be given to you at this time, including information about when you should stop eating and drinking to prepare for surgery. It is very important to follow all the instructions as directed by the nurse or your procedure may be canceled.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the surgery center at (714) 369-1100 as soon as possible.